Friday, September 18, 2015

Resolved Uranus, Neptune, their moons and lost Pluto.

Last Monday and Tuesday I've made so many pictures that I'll need a lot of space here.
That will be the first post in the series.

Will stat from Uranus. It is visible right now and is located near ΞΆ (Zeta) of Pisces (bright object in the center).


That would be extremely hard to identify it if possible at all, but fortunately for me I did pictures for two nights in a row and could track changes and compare them:
As you can see, Uranus changed it's position over 24 hours and it's moons as well. I could separate 3 of them. Can't tell which ones are which, but there are most probably visible Oberon, Titania and maybe Umbriel.

Much more difficult was to notice move of Neptune (dot in the center).

It did almost unnoticeable move, but besides the move you can see the move of it's Moon Triton.

Unfortunately Pluto is so far away that I couldn't resolve it's move. It is somewhere on the picture below.



No comments:

Post a Comment