Sunday, April 27, 2014

Messier marathon - 2014

This year Messier marathon Star Party was very low in participation.
Nobody stayed whole night and I stayed only until about 3 A.M. when batteries in my camera died.

At first it was cloudy and windy, but later on clouds disappeared and wind become calm.

Unfortunately light pollution from Baltimore, Frederik and Washington DC decrease level of observation.

I've added only about half a dozen newly observed objects in my list. My general target for that night was Virgo Cluster, but with sensitivity of my scope and level of light pollution I could barely spot the most bright objects without being sure that they are the ones I'm looking for.

So, my goal failed that night.

However, I did very clear Photo Lapse movie and made couple of wonderful pictures of Saturn and M13 using Club telescope. (Big thanks Tom Renn and Curtis Roelle for the big help)

Additional thanks to Curtis Roelle for hosting the event.

Also, please fill free to download copy of Messier Marathon observation guide presentation developed by WASI member Ron Smith.


And here are the pictures:

Saturn

Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules.



Here is me trying to spot something (credits to Tom Renn)

No comments:

Post a Comment